This is a Christmas gift that I made for one of my sets of Aunts and Uncles. It is the same pattern of a quilt that I made in the summer but this time it is done in Christmas fabrics. I’ve had this quilt shop jelly roll since before my daughter was born in 2008 and finally it is sewn into a quilt. We had an early Christmas dinner on Grey Cup Sunday at my Aunt and Uncle’s house and we did our gift exchange that day so they are now able to enjoy their quilt for the whole Christmas season. Whew! One gift off the list.
A close-up of some of the fabrics in the quilt. I did not try to fussy cut the little soldier but he came out great in this little triangle.
This is a throw quilt I just finished sewing as a gift for one of my Aunts. It is a “Thimble Blossoms” pattern sewn with fabrics from the “Maison de Garance” collection by French Country for Moda. It went together fairly quickly and I am so pleased with how it turned out. The recipient of this quilt says she loves it so that makes me a very happy quilter. 🙂
I have been busy sewing over the weekend since my husband came home on Friday. I finished my Halloween Quilt that I have been meaning to sew for years. I am so happy it is finally sewn.
And I also made a Halloween table topper with fabri I had left from my quilt. It is for sale in my Etsy shop.
I have two more Halloween projects to sew for my house. A table runner and a wall hanging. I hope I can get them done in time for this Halloween. Happy sewing everyone!
I managed to get a crib quilt sewn for my Etsy shop. I am quite pleased with it. I used a tutorial that I purchased from Allison Harris at “Cluck Cluck Sew”. This is her blog http://www.cluckclucksew.com/
I don’t know if anyone is checking this blog when I have not had time to post on it. With all the back-to-school and back to kids activites it has been insanely busy around here. My military husband left on Sept. 9th and I have not gotten any sewing done! I am just too busy running everything on my own. I did finish a Halloween quilt top before he left but have not been able to finish the quilt yet. Sadly, nothing has been done on my Farmer’s Wife quilt in over a month. In happier news… I sold my first quilt from my Etsy shop. That was very exciting! My husband should be home at the end of the month so I hope I will have something to post on here soon.
Last week I finally sewed a quilt for my best friend. We’ve been friends since 1993 so it was about time. In my defence… I’ve been a little busy with babies and toddlers the past few years. Anyway, here it is! It used one jelly roll and I love how it turned out.
I used the “Strip-Smart Quilts” book by Kathy Brown and specialty ruler on this one.
I got these blocks done last night. Just in time for Wednesday. 🙂 It’s good to have these little deadlines to keep us all on track. I have been sewing them in order but last night I skipped ahead to #29 because I needed to do an easy one.
For some reason I was having trouble with this one. I had to rip out and re-do six seams. I was tempted to only do the one block but then I found an easy one to do next.
Ahhh. No seam ripper used here. I will keep on “plowing” next week so I can “reap” the rewards of finished block.
I just started knitting in January and received many nice balls of yarn for my birthday from my parents who also knit. I wasn’t sure what to do with them so I went on a website called Ravelry www.ravelry.com and found a free pattern called Summerlin. If those of you reading this also knit the designer has a free PDF of the pattern at www.KathrynIvy.com Anyway, this is only the third knitting project I have completed but I am quite proud of it. The photos below are of my daughter (with crazy hair) modeling her new dress.
I knitted the bodice with 100% cotton yarn and the skirt is sewn with quilting cotton. The fabric is “Gypsy Rose” by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda.
This is the back. I added a pottery button that I bought from a potter in New Brunswick when we lived there for a few years. So I am feeling braver in the knitting department and might try something even more challenging next. 🙂
I have been sewing like crazy this weekend because I just opened an Etsy shop on Thursday. So I wanted to have some things in it! Many people have told me I should sell my quilts, cards and other crafts so I am going to have a crack at it.
This is the first quilt I made for my shop. All pink! It is a lap quilt but can also cover a twin bed with a three inch drop off the mattress.
I made this little baby quilt today out of 1930’s reproduction fabric. It’s a great little take-along quilt for day trips out with baby. And it was quick to make! 🙂
I finished my blocks on Sunday for this week! I was on the ball I guess. 🙂
Block 21: Contrary wife. This one was blessedly easy! LOL. I’ve had this watermellon fabric for years without knowing what to do with it. Finally a bit of it has been sewn into something. 🙂
Block 22: Corn and Beans… except that my green fabric has peas on it. This block is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (mine are coming out that size finished instead of 6 inches… I think it was my printer when I printed the templates). IT HAS 40 PIECES! And I can say that it was painful but I’m glad I ripped the bandaid off and got it over with. I am proud of the finished block. Happy Farmer’s Wife-ing everyone!